La Chatte Gitane (or The Gypsy Cat) was the name we chose for our cottage in France at the time. We chose it while on the road, moving house the first time round, from Ireland to France with 2 dogs and 7 cats in the car.
This blog began its insignificant life as a recipe book for friends and family who would ask me repeatedly for a recipe of this, that and the other.
Since then it has taken many different directions, like we did and like gypsies tend to do. Sometimes making a U-turn and revisiting familiar roads and taking a break when necessary.
You'll find recipes here, but also musings about the places we've called home, the gardens that we've established, not always successfully, the homes we've improved and the environments we've lived in. Currently, after yet another stint in Ireland, we're back in France @ Le Mas d'Ayen

Friday, December 11, 2015

Net Curtains at Christmas

What does one do when unsightly screws are sticking out of the wall above the window. Ah sure, you drape some net curtains off them.

I did this to give our Christmas tree a bit more umph. I'd agree it would look more suitable for a wedding venue, but I'm really not that bothered.

The curtains are from Ikea and I have several of them. They get used for all sorts. Especially as a table cloth at Christmas. See 2 photos below.



The dragonfly lights I have for ten or so year. Bought them in France when we lived there. They have been used in various rooms and ways.  I love them still.

The End
Patricia xxx...x

6 comments:

  1. It looks lovely, and I agree it adds something to the Christmas tree having a focal point near it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. I should actually 'dress' all the windows, but I'll wait until we've got new ones put in.

      Delete
  2. I love those little lights you could use them any time of year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so beautiful. Love how it looks, and your tree is stunning. And the views! well, just love it all :o) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sadie. Yes, the views are just amazing.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...