La Chatte Gitane (or The Gypsy Cat) was the name we chose for our cottage in France at the time. We chose it while on the road, moving house the first time round, from Ireland to France with 2 dogs and 7 cats in the car.
This blog began its insignificant life as a recipe book for friends and family who would ask me repeatedly for a recipe of this, that and the other.
Since then it has taken many different directions, like we did and like gypsies tend to do. Sometimes making a U-turn and revisiting familiar roads and taking a break when necessary.
You'll find recipes here, but also musings about the places we've called home, the gardens that we've established, not always successfully, the homes we've improved and the environments we've lived in. Currently, after yet another stint in Ireland, we're back in France @ Le Mas d'Ayen

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Clash

 While most bloggers are getting into the spirit of Christmas, I try to lift my spirits with flowers from Lidl.
And they do. I just love the two clashing colours. They seem to intensify each other's brightness. 

It looks like that slightly lower surface of the wireless was made for a vase. My father got a fit every time someone would place a plant or a vase with flowers on a TV or radio. Because accidents with water are waiting to happen.

Hey hey. A few weeks ago, I was planning to post loads of festive recipes for a great Christmas feast or a New Year's eve party.  Let me just tell you now : It ain't happening !
I am not a cookery show production team, dealing with Christmas in July. By the time I start on my food, everyone else has a fair idea what they will be eating and are more than likely cooking at the same time as me. So, what would be the point ?
Instead, I will be writing down my recipes and taking photos as and when each dish is being made and I'll post them next year, starting in November. How about that ?

Don't fret. During the coming weeks I'll be posting a few recipes of things that can be eaten at any time of the year. It will most certainly include my Frangipane cake. My go-to cake for all occasions.

Patricia xxx...x

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a good plan photographing the food from this year and showing it on the Blog next. That's exactly what glossy magazines do with their 'Christmas' houses.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...