La Chatte Gitane (or The Gypsy Cat) was the name we chose for our cottage in France at the time. We chose it while on the road, moving house the first time round, from Ireland to France with 2 dogs and 7 cats in the car.
This blog began its insignificant life as a recipe book for friends and family who would ask me repeatedly for a recipe of this, that and the other.
Since then it has taken many different directions, like we did and like gypsies tend to do. Sometimes making a U-turn and revisiting familiar roads and taking a break when necessary.
You'll find recipes here, but also musings about the places we've called home, the gardens that we've established, not always successfully, the homes we've improved and the environments we've lived in. Currently, after yet another stint in Ireland, we're back in France @ Le Mas d'Ayen

Friday, December 18, 2015

More Christmas Stuff

By the time everyone is taking down the decorations, I will be just finished putting mine up, the way I'm going.
Normally, I am more organised and slightly earlier than this time round.  The boxes with decorations exploded two weeks ago into the hallway and are still there. Every now and then I will pick something out and 'enhance' a corner here and there.

 Today, I managed to throw a bit of greenery on top of the mantle.

The painting above is from my friend Jo-Anne . We've got a few of her's around the house.

 The tree in the kitchen went up a few days ago.

Bubblegum pink.

Now it's just the banister in the halway that I need to finish. The greenery has gone up, now it needs more beautifying. 
There is always tomorrow.

Patricia xxx...x

8 comments:

  1. Oh I do love the pink, everything looks lovely, x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never thought I would 'do' pink, but it somehow works.

      Delete
  2. I am sure we should go back to a real tree. it takes so long to attach all of the single branches... le sigh. I am not tall enough to put the lights on. so it is sitting there sullen until the Mr arrives home this weekend. Poor tree... lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It DOES take forever to attach the branches, but at least I can do that on my own. I had been holding off with the fake tree for 20 odd years. Every year Bert would say "let's buy a fake one" and every time I vetoed him.
      I gave in finally a few years back. Gone are the days of hunting for the 'perfect' real tree, trying to get it standing straight and tying it up to the wall behind it so it wouldn't fall over. Lol.
      I do bring in fresh and real greenery for the sent.
      The tree in the kitchen is one that I have been given for free, gratis and for nothing. Otherwise I wouldn't bother with 2 of the buggers.

      Delete
  3. We don't have a tree at all we don't have room for one! We make do with decorations all over the house instead! Tomorrow is the day........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the little corner in the house that make it special, though.

      Delete
  4. lovely. And I very much approve of the addition of pink! :O) x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...