Simple and fresh.
Ingredients quantities depending on the size of the flan and on how many of them you'll be making. I'd say for 3 eggs, use one tbsp cream cheese and 150ml double cream. It really doesn't have to be very accurate.
- shortcrust pastry
- cream cheese
- dried basil
- cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- fresh basil leaves to serve
- Preheat the oven 200° C - fan oven
- Line a pie dish with baking paper.
- Roll out the shortcrust pastry and line the pie dish, prick with a fork and put in fridge until ready to fill and bake
- Beat the cream cheese and cream smooth and add the beaten eggs.
- Season with salt and pepper, dried basil.
- Pour into the pie dish - don't over fill.
- Arrange the halved tomatoes on top with cut side up.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes then turn down the oven to 170° C, bake further for about 15 to 20 minutes, till the egg mixture is firm and the pastry cooked.