It's quite simple really. You've just had about enough of going passed the fruit bowl and pick out a bunch of grapes, a nectarine or an apple to munch on. It's ok, fruit is good. But sometimes you want something that is just a litlle bit sweeter. A bar of chocolate maybe ?
If you are like me, at a certain stage in your life that you need to be a bit more careful with what you put in your mouth, you can always go for this option.
- take one non stick frying pan or a griddle pan and put it on the hob (fire underneath obviously)
- grab a nectarine (or a peach), wash it, dry it, hack it in half and remove the stone
- place the cut side down in your hot pan and let it caramelise for a minute or so
- turn and repeat (not easy on the round side, but you'll be ok)
- now bring out your most favourite dessert bowl and transfer the nectarines from the pan, flat side up
- dollop a tsp of quark on each half (you can also use sour cream)
- eat and savour the sweet, sweet delight.
- you've got to agree, it tastes even better eaten from you most favourite dessert bowl