Tofu Stir Fry 235 calories pp
Recipe serves 2
- 125 grs firm tofu, cubed into bite size pieces
- 2 tbsp shoyu
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 cm ginger, finely sliced into strips
- chilli pepper, finely sliced - as much as you can handle
- 100 grs red pepper, sliced
- 175 grs leeks, cleaned, washed and sliced in rings at an angle - that's for autenticity
- 180 grs mushrooms, sliced (I had for semi large ones, hence the odd weight)
- 1 tsp sunflower oil (ouch !)
- Mix the garlic, grated ginger, chilli and soy sauce. Marinate the cubed tofu in this for 20 minutes.
- Heat up the whole one teaspoon of oil in yer wok.
- Stir fry the ginger first, before adding the leeks and red pepper.
- In the last minute or two, add the mushrooms.
- Transfer the veg to 2 plates.
- Bring the wok back to heat and stir fry the tofu till coloured slightly.
- Rinse the container from the marinade with a splash of water and add it to the wok.
- Take of the heat and divide the tofu between the two plates.
Enjoy the simple and fresh flavours !
PS I used chopsticks for once, it prevented me somewhat from wolfing it down.