Celeriac is one of my (many) favorite vegetables. But I don't often use it in a salad.
Trying to find some tasty recipes for our fast days and still having some celeriac nicely wrapped in the fridge, I suddenly thought of Jamie Oliver's celeriac salad that I once made, eons ago, from his book Jamie's Kitchen.
We found it to be very tasty then when we had it with grilled tuna, which, for some sinister reason, we don't eat anymore. Sourseability and extinction.
So now, I decided, smoked salmon would do just fine.
serves 2 - 245cal/pp
- 300 grs celeriac, outer layer removed and sliced into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 10 grs anchovies, chopped
- 30 grs capers
- 50 grs gherkins, chopped
- 15 grs grainy Dijon mustard
- 15 grs sour cream
- 30 grs yoghurt (low fat)
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- 200 grs smoked salmon
- mix the mustard, sour cream, yoghurt and vinegar
- add the capers, gherkins and anchovies
- season with salt and black pepper
- mix the dressing under the celeriac ribbons, maing sure they are nicely coated.
- divide over 2 plates, in a nice pile (it looks like you have more then ;) )
- also divide the salmon (and no cheating pleasse, 100 grs each), and drape over the celeriac.
- sprinkle with extra black pepper and spring onion greens/chives
- and there you have it, eat it with gusto, but don't forget to masticate properly