Halloumi Salad 255 cal
Inspired by fellow food blogger Lavender & Lovage
- 65 gr halloumi cheese, sliced 200 cal
- lettuce, mixed leaves and basil, loads - 100 grs only contains 10 calories
- 30 grs red pepper, sliced 15 cal
- 60 grs cucumber, sliced wow 5 cal
- 160 grs tomatoes, I used yellow, sliced and cherry toms, halved 25 cal
- 1 tbsp Balsamico, mixed with a smidgen of stevia powder. Let's say 10 cal to be on the safe side
- 5 grs fresh from the greenhouse mild chilli pepper. I'm not even counting those calories !
- arrange the salad leaves on a plate, mix in some basil if you have lots.
- place the other vegetables in an orderly fashion on top
- heat a non stick pan on the hob and fry off the sliced halloumi till golden.
- arrange the halloumi slices over the salad.
- drizzle with balsamico
- from a hight (you can stand on a chair if you like) sprinkle with Maldon sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
I'll be visiting Lavender and Lovage quite often in the future and steal all the recipes to eat myself back to health and a long life. ;)