La Chatte Gitane (or The Gypsy Cat) was the name we chose for our cottage in France at the time. We chose it while on the road, moving house the first time round, from Ireland to France with 2 dogs and 7 cats in the car.
This blog began its insignificant life as a recipe book for friends and family who would ask me repeatedly for a recipe of this, that and the other.
Since then it has taken many different directions, like we did and like gypsies tend to do. Sometimes making a U-turn and revisiting familiar roads and taking a break when necessary.
You'll find recipes here, but also musings about the places we've called home, the gardens that we've established, not always successfully, the homes we've improved and the environments we've lived in. Currently, after yet another stint in Ireland, we're back in France @ Le Mas d'Ayen

Monday, August 20, 2012

Intermittent Fasting - 5:2 - Part 2



Well, here I am. Not knowing this morning that today would be one of the 2 fast days.
Bert had some appointments elsewhere and was going to have lunch along the way.  We would start the 2 day fast tomorrow (Tuesday).
I've kept busy. Tidying the kitchen, scrubbing the work surfaces, emptied the dishwasher, filled it up again.... and counted some calories.  See, I'm becoming a calorie bore !
It has served me well over the last week to count calories. I've stuck to the eating smaller quantities and kept off the refined sugars, pasta & bread (weeellllllllll, I had 2 slices of wholewheat bread of 30 grs each in one week - surely that isn't a punishable crime)
I feel less lethargic, sleep better (don't have to get up in the middle of the night to go for a piddle), have a bit more energy (which could have been more if it wasn't for 40°C during the last few days), eat more fruit and think more about what I put in my mouth.

By the time 6 o'clock arrived I had only eaten 6 Reine Claude plums (they are really small) worth 67 calories and one slice of Cobourg ham 42 calories. 2 cups of coffee with milk 20 cal.
So I thought if I make Karen's Halloumi Salad I could still have my fast day today.  I went into the greenhouse and collected lettuce leaves, tomatoes, cucumber, basil, red pepper and very mild chillies.




I still had halloumi in the fridge so that was that sorted.

Halloumi Salad   255 cal  Click here for my slightly adapted version





Seeing I only had 384 calories today I'll now be moving myself towards the fridge and get me a yoghurt with fresh nectarine chopped up. 

Goodnight
Patricia xxx...x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...