La Chatte Gitane (or The Gypsy Cat) was the name we chose for our cottage in France at the time. We chose it while on the road, moving house the first time round, from Ireland to France with 2 dogs and 7 cats in the car.
This blog began its insignificant life as a recipe book for friends and family who would ask me repeatedly for a recipe of this, that and the other.
Since then it has taken many different directions, like we did and like gypsies tend to do. Sometimes making a U-turn and revisiting familiar roads and taking a break when necessary.
You'll find recipes here, but also musings about the places we've called home, the gardens that we've established, not always successfully, the homes we've improved and the environments we've lived in. Currently, after yet another stint in Ireland, we're back in France @ Le Mas d'Ayen

Friday, October 07, 2016

And We're Back in Autumn Mode


The crochet hooks and yarn have come back from their summer holidays (back of the sofa more likely) 
New projects have been started and the ladies who crochet have had their first get-together yesterday.




Lovely, as ever.

Patricia xxx...x

PS Have a great weekend.

5 comments:

  1. It's funny how a change in the weather can make such a difference. I completely lost the urge to do any crafting over the Summer months but have recently picked up my hook once again and have started a simple blanket. You have chosen some lovely colours. I like the idea of your little crochet group. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our weather hasn't changed all that much from summer, ha ha!, but the nights are drawing in and that is really noticeable. Summer months are for gardening, entertaining, receiving visitors from abroad, etc.
      Over the last 2 years I've been making grannysquares and still haven't enough for a decent blanket. Thought the group wanted to see me doing something else for a change. ;) I can't say much about the project because it's meant as a Christmas pressie. I just hope it'll be finished in time. xxx...x

      Delete
  2. Crochet and a natter sounds fun, I can't crochet but I could natter x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natter is good. It's what we do the most of.
      I see myself as a beginner crocheter, even if I learned it in primary school, but I find it easy and relaxing. Just don't give me a pattern or description because then I'm lost.xxx...x

      Delete
  3. I got my crochet out again this week. I 'm finishing two very easy granny square type blankets with whatever wool has been leftover. Wish I had the chat as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...