We didn't kill each other.
I finally had to open the cardboard tube wherein the poster was delivered. It came in two pieces. The total size of the image being 239 cm x 160 cm.
The poster is vinyl and is self-adhesive. It scared us somewhat to get started, but checking out a youtube video and following the installation tips from the company we bought it from , we got going.
We drew a vertical line slap bang in the center of the wall. We used a spirit level and all.
Did we manage to follow that line ? Did we heck ?
Did we start from left to right, like it says in the installation tips? Did we heck?
The first panel went up without too much trouble. We then opted to take a short coffee break before we got on with the second panel. We need regular breaks - we are getting on a bit - and that is why this makeover seems to take forever. Ha ha.
The second piece didn't go as smoothly and we had to peel back several times which made the vinyl stretch somewhat.
We have some imperfections, but they are hard to spot.
Below the poster we will install wood paneling, painted white.
Even with enlarging my photo to this size, it is amazingly clear and I also like the fact that the surface isn't glossy.
You've got to admit it beats looking onto an unfinished wall for almost 3 years.
We're nearing the end and we should be back in our room by the end of the coming week. Just as well, because Irma wants her room back very soon, when she visits from Belgium !
Thanks for popping by !