La Chatte Gitane (or The Gypsy Cat) was the name we chose for our cottage in France at the time. We chose it while on the road, moving house the first time round, from Ireland to France with 2 dogs and 7 cats in the car.
This blog began its insignificant life as a recipe book for friends and family who would ask me repeatedly for a recipe of this, that and the other.
Since then it has taken many different directions, like we did and like gypsies tend to do. Sometimes making a U-turn and revisiting familiar roads and taking a break when necessary.
You'll find recipes here, but also musings about the places we've called home, the gardens that we've established, not always successfully, the homes we've improved and the environments we've lived in. Currently, after yet another stint in Ireland, we're back in France @ Le Mas d'Ayen

Monday, February 08, 2016

Bedroom Makeover - Part 2 - Moving Out Stage

Following on from this post , I can tell you that the wallpaper poster of my photo arrived more than a week ago. I haven't had the guts to look at it yet, you know, once I unwrap it, I might have some difficulty to safely put it back into the cardboard cylinder.
I made a start at clearing our bedroom. It almost feels like moving house and I am suffering from 'déjà-vu'.
Luckily, this time the move is just across the landing, to the guestroom. Or Irma's Room, as I like to call it. Irma, my mum, has stayed in that room more often and longer than anyone else.

In normal circumstances the guestroom looks something like this :





Then the room got hit by a bomb :




I tried to squeeze as much furniture as possible from the master into the guestroom. Where else would I put it ? Don't fancy bringing everything downstairs, only to bring it back up again in a few weeks time (ok, probably a month).

We brought the two mattresses (yes, 2) from our bed and dumped them on top of the resident mattress.
I wonder how many more I will need not to feel 'The Pea'. There is always at least one cat wanting to know what we're up to.

Meanwhile in the main bedroom, the removal of (too much) stuff is still going on.


I'm ever so slightly embarrassed about the state of the carpet. But not enough to withhold  the photo from you. Haha ! Mum ! Look away, now.


As the week progresses, I will update the blog with more of this, if you don't mind.

Till next time.
Patricia xxx...x

7 comments:

  1. I bet my carpet would look like that too! It will be worth it in the end.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to your next post, it is nice to have a change isn't it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha I love the carpet. We made the mistake at one time of having a very expensive cream wool carpet in a sitting room in a house with two small boys. Madness! we are supposed to be redecorating this year - your photos are putting me off xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's be clear. This was not our mistake. The carpet, I mean. It was brand-spanking new when we bought the place. Probably also very expensive, being 100 % wool.
      Being a continental European, we are not used to wall to wall carpeting (as you can see). No amount of vacuuming will keep or make it clean.
      Concerning the last point you made, glad to be of service. Haha. xxx...x

      Delete
  4. The trouble with decorating is the amount of work involved in having to move 'stuff', each time that we do so, I see lots of reasons for becoming a minimalist.
    Ugh' for wall to wall carpets. O give me stained wood floors, tiles even and rugs so much more easier and efficient to dyson the floor clean.
    Looking forward in seeing the progression and hope that you stayed safe in last nights storm ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah ! We've always had wood floors and a rug here and there to 'ground' the furniture in a room.
      There are many reasons for becoming a minimalist, but I don't think I'll get there in this lifetime. Ha!
      We are safe. Sleeping in the guestroom however, which is at the end of the house that suffers from the prevailing winds, was quite something. I could 'sense' movement in the house. At times I was worried the roof would come off.
      Hope you are safe too.

      Delete
  5. Yes Patricia, we are okay and well shielded by trees thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...