Last week we got a load of cow dung delivered by our friend Sigi from Blueberry Hill Farm
He arrived with one of their volunteers and we ended up with a nice clean heap.
Yesterday, Bert and I filled up our raised beds some more with a layer of straw and topped with the manure.
We filled them the same way last year and now that the straw had broken down, so did the level of soil go down.
I proceeded to cover the soil with plastic and other 'stuff' (great slug trap) until I'm ready to plant. It'll keep the weeds out if all goes to plan.
I rescued four strawberry plants and moved them to the raised bed near the kitchen. Homemade cloches from 5 ltr water bottles should protect them somewhat. That's if we don't get any more forceful breezes.
I am glad that we've got that job done ! Now, on with the sowing !
Have a great week.