I love prawns very much. Trouble is that Bert does not do prawns. Oh well, a piece of cod for him then. The star here however is the egg salad (or egg mayonnaise)
Seeing our lovely chooks are very productive and egg salad is just the thing to bulk out any plate of food....and the tummy.
- eggs (obviously) 8 or so - quantity depending on how many times you want to eat egg salad in the next couple of days (morning, noon and night)
- mayonnaise - also depending on the quantity of eggs - for 8, about 2 tbsp mayo
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- 1tbsp tomato ketchup
- cayenne powder - to taste
- 1tbsp capers (I use the ones in brine)
- 1 chunky or 2 tiny spring onions, sliced.
- black pepper, freshly ground
- Put the eggs in a cooking pot, so that they sit snuggly next to each other. Cover with water and add a splash of white vinegar.
- Bring to the boil. From that point cook the eggs for another 8 minutes. Drain and run cold water over them.
- Leave to cool and peel.
- In a bowl, bring together the mayo, mustard, ketchup, cayenne and capers.
- Chop up the eggs in a rustic style (ie. not small)
- Fold into the mayo mix with the sliced spring onions, keeping some of the green to garnish.
- Sprinkle wit black pepper.
I bet you weren't looking for an egg salad or egg mayo recipe, but here you have it anyway.