La Chatte Gitane (or The Gypsy Cat) was the name we chose for our cottage in France at the time. We chose it while on the road, moving house the first time round, from Ireland to France with 2 dogs and 7 cats in the car.
This blog began its insignificant life as a recipe book for friends and family who would ask me repeatedly for a recipe of this, that and the other.
Since then it has taken many different directions, like we did and like gypsies tend to do. Sometimes making a U-turn and revisiting familiar roads and taking a break when necessary.
You'll find recipes here, but also musings about the places we've called home, the gardens that we've established, not always successfully, the homes we've improved and the environments we've lived in. Currently, after yet another stint in Ireland, we're back in France @ Le Mas d'Ayen

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Spontaneity in the Garden

I always let some vegetables go to seed.  Not always to collect the seeds, no. I often let nature take it's course.
That's when you get this (usually the following year).
Swiss Chard

Lettuce

Wild Rocket
Leeks

It is a very nice surprise, come springtime to discover what'll pop up .

I was however a little 'shocked' when I found out the pasnips I had sown last year in spring and never appeared,  that somehow some of them have now germinated. Look !



And then there is the lone beetroot

 
Strawberries spreading their wings.
 
I still want to show you what plants I bought, but unfortunately BLOGGER feels the need to turn my photos on their side and it's pissing me right off.  Let's see if tomorrow is a better day for posting. ;-)
 
Bedtime
Patricia xxx...x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...