La Chatte Gitane (or The Gypsy Cat) was the name we chose for our cottage in France at the time. We chose it while on the road, moving house the first time round, from Ireland to France with 2 dogs and 7 cats in the car.
This blog began its insignificant life as a recipe book for friends and family who would ask me repeatedly for a recipe of this, that and the other.
Since then it has taken many different directions, like we did and like gypsies tend to do. Sometimes making a U-turn and revisiting familiar roads and taking a break when necessary.
You'll find recipes here, but also musings about the places we've called home, the gardens that we've established, not always successfully, the homes we've improved and the environments we've lived in. Currently, after yet another stint in Ireland, we're back in France @ Le Mas d'Ayen

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Quesadillas with Pulled Pork

Yesterday, we had pork belly ribs with bbq sauce, rice and a simple coleslaw.  It was lovely and I was left with 2 ribs.  Not enough for two people really unless they eat the same amount as a sparrow does.

  • Waste not want not, so I pulled the pork belly into shreds, which is easy enough seeing it had been slow-cooked.
  • Mixed it with the bbq sauce (is the sauce I cooked them in), added a tin of sweetcorn and a good dealing of fresh coriander.
  • Take 2 flour tortillas and spread some of this mixture onto one of them.
  • A generous portion of grated cheese on top. I had Gouda, but a good quality Cheddar or Monterey Jack is what is normally used.
  • Place the 2nd tortilla on top and press it firmly down.
  • Place the tortilla in a non-stick pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
  • Slice in 4 or 6 triangles

  • Tie a tea towel around your neck as a bib, you'll need it !
  • Serve with sour cream and guacemole, which I don't have a this moment (bummer) so I'll have to make do with leftover coleslaw.  I don't mind because I love coleslaw ;) 
Now, don't go assuming I only made the one. No no no ... I used up all of the mixture and 8 flour tortillas in total (is always good for a snack later on in the evening or the next day ;) )

 To BBQ Spare Ribs Recipe  I will write an update on that recipe in the future, because it has evolved a lot.
Thanks for visiting and don't forget, I really appreciate your comments.
Patricia xxx...x

4 comments:

  1. It's like The Feeding of the Five Thousand! Two leftover ribs made into such a substantial meal...
    Bet it was nice though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look delicious. I've always wanted to try Quesadillas, think I might give them a go :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe Mark, it is amazing how one can 'stretch' food with a bit of magic. ;)

    J, I only started making them about a year ago after seeing Phil Vickery throwing some together on TV. Never had quesadillas before either.
    I always have flour tortillas in my store cupboard, though. Easy peasy as a stand-by for a fab meal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look amazing! I love your pics!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...