After 'the family gathering' the one Sunday, Monday I had to wrap up the 2 chicken run terrorists for the freezer.
From the carcasses I made a stock that day (see recipe here )
A simple recipe for a fragrant, clear chicken soup.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 leek, cleaned and finely sliced
- 2 medium sized carrots, cubed ( 1 cm)
- 300 grs frozen peas
- 1 handful of chopped fresh chervil
- 3 liters of chicken stock
- 200 grs chicken pieces, cooked
- Vegetable oil
- Sautee the onion in a little vegetable oil, add leeks, carrots and leave on a low heat for another few minutes.
- Pour in the stock, cook until the vegetables are tender/al dente.
- Add the peas in the last few minutes, together with the chervil.
- Take the soup of the heat and add the pieces of chicken. They only need heating through. If you boil them they will get tough.
- Season with sea salt and freshley ground black pepper.
Thank you for dropping in. Leave your comments after the beep.