Cauliflower has been a life saver in my quest to bring down my blood sugar levels.
My low carb diet wouldn't be so 'easy' to maintain if it weren't for the different flavours and textures on my dinner plate. It is also low in calories, which helps
Just to clarify. It is not my own idea. I read about it on the internet and took it from there.
And no, it doesn't taste overly cauliflowery at all.
Serves 2 - 45 calories per person
- half a head of cauliflower, +/- 450 grs (20 cal / 100 grs)
- a splash of water
- herbs, spices of your choosing
- You'll need a food processor for this with grating attachment.
- Grate the cauliflower and transfer to a microwave dish with lid.
- Add a splash of water and nuke for 5 minutes on highest setting.
- Stir and taste for degree of doneness, if necessary put it back for a couple of minutes.
- When ready, stir in your seasoning, herbs and spices of your liking.
- Put the lid back on and let it rest for 3 minutes to bring all the favours together.
Thank you for visiting.