Why ? Well, my mumma used to make this for us whenever we felt poorly, it was served with rice and it was light enough to digest easily.
So last night I felt really awful and sick. What better way to get my appetite back than this simple dish.
- 50 grs butter (I am sure my mum used sunflower oil instead of butter)
- 50 grs flour
- 300 ml liquid - milk, cream, cooking liquid of the carrots
- parsey - the more the better or as much as you like, chopped
- 6 carrots, peeled and sliced in discs (approx 3 mm tick)
- Seasoning - salt, black pepper and nutmeg
- Cook the carrots in boiling salted water for 3 minutes, till al dente. Drain and keep some of the liquid for the sauce if you so wish.
- Please tell me I don't have to write down how to make a white sauce - make a white sauce with the butter, flour and liquid.
- Add parsey, seasoning and the carrots.
- Heat through, et voilà, it's ready.
What did your mother cook for you, when you felt poorly ? That's what I'd like to know.