Great that it was a quicky, as I had already bitten off Bert's nose earlier in the day and his head was going to be next. The dieting is starting to get to me, as in, bad mood. I want to eat BREAD and PASTA, if not then I want POTATOES.
serves 3 normal portions, or 4 sparrows (530 calories or 400)
- 1 onion (56 grs), chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- 230 grs carrots, peeled, cut into 3 cm chunks and quartered
- 400 grs courgette, cut in a similar size to the carrots
- 6 merguez sausages (360 grs), cut into 3 cm pieces (I didn't bother skinning them)
- 1 tin of peeled tomatoes (400 grs), chopped up
- red pepper (95 grs), cut into strips
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey (that just wasn't enough... I added 2 tsp stevia)
- chilli, to taste
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- fresh coriander leaves and stalks, to taste
- Heat the oil in a suitable pot, sautee the onion with the carrots
- Add the garlic, chilli, courgettes and sausages
- Sautee for 5 more minutes
- Add the tomatoes plus water (the water from rincing the tin)
- Simmer, with lid on, for 15 minutes, till veg are al dente
- Add the peppers for 5 more minutes and the cinnamon
- Season with seasalt, honey/sugar/stevia and maybe chilli powder, to taste
- Finish off with coriander.
You can obviously eat with couscous. That's what I served Bert. I, however, had it without.
It really warmed the cockles of my heart. You can now come closer again, I won't bite off your head. Promise ;)