This is not my first attempt. I've made a couple of roman blinds before. Now, they were for separate rooms, for small windows, in a country cottage.
The ones I am making now are for our sitting room, with 6 large windows, so they have to be a bit decent and straight.
Gosh, I didn't want to do this job - it was not in my freshening-up plan for the sitting room - but the old ones had shrunk so much after washing them that there was no other option.
I just wanted to post these pictures here, to give myself a pat on the back. Please don't hold back, you can all give me a pat on the back and give me the motivation to finish the sodding blinds.
Yep, still need to finish the hem, but that is no work at all.
Also, I have a striped pelmet in mind to tie in with the rest of the new scheme.
Hey, and I pre-shrunk the fabric !
Thanks for giving me a pat on the back.