Very odd quantities,agreed, but that's just how the cookie crumbled.
serves 6 on the IF diet - 295 calories per person - 4 meatballs per person
- 692 grs chicken mince (174 cal/100 grs)
- 350 grs grated courgettes (30 cal/100 grs)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Put the grated courgettes in a colander, in the sink, sprinkle with some salt and cover with a plate and a weight on it on top. This is to extract as much water from the courgette as possible.
- Leave for 10 minutes and squeeze the bejayses out of the courgettes.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together well.
- I would not add any salt to the mince mix as the salt used for the courgettes will still be there to some extent.
- Divide and shape into 24 balls.
- Set aside (fridge preferably)
- 130 grs onion, chopped (44 cal / 100 grs)
- 290 grs carrots, cut into rustic chunks ( 43 cal / 100 grs)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped or grated (15 cal / clove)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 5 crushed cardamom pods
- 1 cinnamon stick
- chillies, fresh and chopped or chilli powder (to taste)
- 2 tbsp tomato concentrate (77 cal /100 grs)
- 1 tin (400 grs) peeled tomatoes (19 cal /100 grs)
- 1 chicken stock cube) (15 cal /100 grs)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (100 cal / tbsp)
- Heat oil in the pan and add onion, garlic and carrots.
- Sweat down for a couple of minutes before adding the spices and tomato concentrate.
- Cook out the tomato a little before adding the tinned tomatoes and stock cube.
- You may want to add some water if the sauce gets too tick.
- In any case put the lid on and simmer for 20 minutes, till carrots are pre-al dente.
- Place the meatballs and place on top op the sauce and cover up again with lid.
- Simmer for a further 15 minutes. The meatballs should be cooked through by this time, but you might want to open one up to check.
- Serve with rice or cauliflower 'rice' (recipe to follow).
Thanks for visiting.